Maybe you’re still not sure that studying martial arts is right for your child.
That’s okay. I understand. There are lots of activities to choose from, and you want to pick the best.
Of course, I’m biased. I started studying martial arts when I was very young, and I know first hand that martial arts classes offer benefits that other activities don’t. So, I hope you don’t mind if I remind you of them.
Let’s start with the physical benefits. Kids who study martial arts:
- Build core strength
- Tone their muscles
- Learn balance and coordination
- Improve their fine motor skills
- Build stamina
- Lose extra pounds if they need to
- Learn the importance of healthy eating habits
That’s a lot to learn from one activity! And while team sports can offer some of these benefits, martial arts is the only endeavor I know that improves them all.
Now let’s look at the educational benefits – the things that kids learn in our classes that they take to school. They include:
- The importance of treating teachers and fellow students with respect
- How to focus on a task and give it their full attention
- How to memorize a series of instructions or movements
- How to interact with other students in a social setting
- How to set goals and discipline themselves to achieve them
These are all core skills that kids will use for the rest of their lives!
And finally, there are the emotional and behavioral benefits. Kids learn:
- How to control their emotions and channel them into something positive
- How to deal with disappointment – and learn from it
- How to manage stress
- How to be mindful in every aspect of their lives
- Why they should trust themselves
- How to spot (and avoid) danger
The importance of these skills can’t be overstated. They matter. Kids who learn these things have a great chance of succeeding in whatever they do. It’s not just about what happens in our classes. Studying martial arts teaches kids life skills.
And, as I mentioned before, martial arts classes can also help your child overcome big problems – things like bullying and shyness. It can truly be life changing – and I want your child to experience these benefits now and in the future.
If you feel the same way, please click here now to sign up for a trial membership. I know you won’t regret it.